The College Ethics blog is delighted to have led the first College Ethics walk – to mark national walking month and the start of the Global Corporate Challenge. You can find out about our walk in the slideshow below, and there’s also a short audio clip about Doris Birdsall and some useful links. Thanks to everyone who took part.
Listen to a recording of Sandra Vine-Jenkins and Jillian Mercer remembering Doris:
Other useful links:
- Find out more about Ethical Tissue on the College Ethics blog.
- Find out more about the Free City Bus on the College Ethics blog.
- Doris Birdsall: an obituary in the Guardian, and a profile on our 175 Heroes website.
- University of Bradford Ecoversity
- Green Solutions (College-owned recycling, re-using and storage business)
Ethical biscuits: palm oil
- UK sustainable palm oil targets are too weak, say retailers (The Guardian)
- The Rainforest Foundation report ‘Seeds of destruction’: palm oil developers threaten Africa’s rainforests
- Orangutangs and oil palm plantations: hanging on but just barely (World Wildlife Fund)
- Our experts, Dr Susan Boyce, Ben Tongue, Ian Brown, Sandra Vine-Jenkins, Jillian Mercer, Neil Moore, Pam Sheldon
- Our Walking Champion, Jonathan Curtis
Susan Boyce – Ed Briggs – Zoe Corcoran – Jonathan Curtis – York Dixon – Joanne Fawthrop – Gail Hall – Gail Holmes – Emma Haycock – Susan Houlbrook – Vanessa Hutchison – Julia Kendall – Maria Mousawi – Linda Taglione – Ben Tongue – Sandra Vine-Jenkins – Fran Walker – Andy Welsh – Ruth Wilson